A sibling Château of Gruaud-Larose, this very beautiful Domaine is one of the oldest in the Médoc. Once owned by Sir John Talbot, Earl of Shrewsbury, who was the Governor of Aquitaine until he lost the battle in 1453. Bought in 1918 by Georges Cordier and is now the home of the Cordier family.
Among the wines classified in 1855, it is one of those which has always kept its good reputation. One of the biggest and most productive Bordeaux vineyards.
|Wine maker notes|
|70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Merlot, 3% Cabernet Franc, 2% Petit Verdot
Average age of vines is 28 years. 210 acres producing 38,000 cases.